Having trouble logging in to your account? Please try these steps to troubleshoot password or login issues before reaching out for assistance.
Users: This article is for all users.
Prerequisites: For students and parents: Instructor/Admin has added you as a user in the system
Follow the step-by-step instructions outlined below:
There are a few reasons you may not be able to log in to your account.
- Did you complete the account setup process?
- Double-check that you have entered the correct web address.
- Are you logging into your student or parent account?
- Try resetting your password
- Resetting password for students with a username (no email address)
Did you complete the account setup process?
- You will need to complete the onboarding process before you can log in for your session. You'll receive an email from your organization to get started. If the message is not at the top of your inbox, search your email for a communication from "firstname.lastname@example.org". If you cannot find the onboarding email, please check your spam folder.
- Still don't see the email? Reach out to your program administrator to confirm your email address and have them resend the communication.
- In the email, click the "Get Started" link to create your profile. Parents that are managing their student's account will be prompted to create their student's account during onboarding. This is done by choosing a username (or email address) for the student and setting the student's password.
Double-check that you have entered the correct web address.
- If you are a license owner attempting to log in to your organization's online platform, please make sure that you have gone to your organization's web address. Your organization's web address is in the following format.
- If you are a parent or student attempting to log in to your account, please make sure that you have the correct web address. Your organization's web address is in the following format: https://[Your Organization].placetoteach.com
- If you have signed up as a parent and/or student to receive academic mentorship with Trilogy Mentors, please make sure that you have gone to https://web.trilogymentors.guru
Are you logging into your student or parent account?
Please double-check that the email (or username) and password you have entered match the correct account you are trying to access. If you are a parent, you should have a different login (your email and password) than for your student (their username/email and password).
Try resetting your password
- Click the "Forgotten password?" link on the login page to reset your password.
- Enter the email address associated with the account to receive the reset password email.
- Check your email for the reset password communication. The email includes a link back to the login page where you will be prompted to create and confirm a new password for your account.
If you'd like to update your password in the future, you can do this from your account.
Click "Profile" in the left navigation bar on your Dashboard.
On the "My Profile" page, use the "Change Password" box to reset your password.
Important Note For Parents And Admins:
For parents who set up their student's account with a username (rather than an email address), the password can be reset from the Parent Dashboard.
Note: If the student has an email address associated with their account then the process outline directly above will apply.
- The Parent must log in to their Parent Dashboard and click "Users" in the left navigation panel to access their student's details.
- Click on the name of the student that needs their password reset
- Use the "Change Password" box on the student's details page to change the student's password.
Note: Admins have the ability to change the password for student users that have a username. For all other users on the system that have an email address associated with their account, the admin can manually send the reset password email.
If you still need help with resetting a password, please reach out to your program administrator directly.
Need more information? Check out related articles below: