As an administrator, you have the ability to manage settings across your organization. These account level settings let you customize your platform and provide a tailored experience to your users.
Users: This article is for Admins
Prerequisites: Your admin account is active
Read step-by-step instructions below or skip ahead :
Country and Timezone
Select the country and timezone that you generally operate in. Once set, this will be the default country and timezone for all new users that you add to your online platform.
Important Note about Time Zones for Individual Users - When a user logs in to their account for the first time and sets their password, the system will recognize (to the best of its abilities) the time zone that the user is in at that moment. The individual user’s timezone will be set for them using the information captured at that point in time. Time Zones for individual users can be updated from the admin portal on that user’s details page or from the user’s personal portal in their “Profile” settings.
Check this box to give your instructors the ability to schedule instant sessions. Instant sessions are sessions that are booked on the spot between instructors and their students. The instant session booking sends the student an email with a link directly to the online session.
Note: Students who do not have an email address will need to log in to their portal and access the session using the “Join” button as normal.
After each session, instructors and students are prompted with the post session reports. At the end of the report, there is a section for shared comments.
The default prompt for this comment section is (very simply) “Comments:”
If you’d like to leave a customized prompt to encourage specific feedback from instructors and students, you can use this section to enter guidelines to gather specific feedback.
Note: This comment box is displayed for both instructors and students. The feedback that is submitted by instructors and students is viewable by session participants and the student’s associated guardians.
Enabling Google Authentication allows you as the admin and your users the ability to use their Google Account as a means of logging in. After you enable this at the organization level, your instructors, parents, and students will able to enable their own Google account either during their user setup or after setup through their user profile. For more information on how your users can add Google Authentication to their profile see How to Manage your Personal Account and Profile.
Data Policy: Set User Data Controllability
As an Administrator in your organization, you may choose one of two options that determine who controls user data in your platform. Please note that making changes to who controls user data in your platform may cause your user data to change in your platform.
Users Control Their Data
This is the default user data control setting for all new organizations. With this setting selected, inviting new users can be done from the Admin, Instructor, or Parent role. New users in your platform will have full control over their username, email address, and profile information. Administrators access of user data will be read-only. Additional “Users control their data” details:
- Parents, students, and instructors will have the ability to update and manage their own personal information on the platform.
- Parents will have the ability to create new student and parent accounts for their family members.
- Instructors will have the ability to create a new student when they book their first session with a new student.
- All users will have the ability to update their own login credentials at any time. Note: With this setting, Administrators will not have the ability to directly change a user’s password but instead will have the ability to send the user an email to set their own password. For student users in the platform who do not have an email address and instead log into the platform using a username/password combination, Administrators will retain the ability to reset the password on the student’s behalf.
Admins Control Data on Your Platform
With this setting selected, Administrators will directly manage and control all user data for their organization’s users. However, all users will retain the ability to edit their own login credentials (email or username and password). Additional “Administrators control user data” details:
- Administrators must create all new user accounts.
- All users will have the ability to update their own login credentials at any time. Note: Administrators will no longer have the ability to change a user’s password but instead will have the ability to send the user an email to set their own password. Note: For student users in the platform who do not have an email address and instead log into the platform using a username/password combination, Administrators will retain the ability to reset the password on the student’s behalf.
- This option may be preferable to any tutoring organizations that need or prefer to manage all information on behalf of their clients.
Changing your user data controls
Changing your organization’s user data control setting has the potential to alter a user's data on your platform, and will affect who can edit it. This is because the platform keeps a unique database record for each user data control option. The first time you switch from your default user data control setting to the other user data control setting, the data from your default setting will copy over to the new setting, as a one-time setup. After that, your organization will have two unique sets of data for each "user controls data" option. Please email your Customer Care representative if you have any additional questions about user data control options.
Default Instructor Availability (Operating Hours)
All accounts will begin with open availability as shown in the image above.
Customize your organization’s default instructor availability (also known as operating hours) to restrict when parent and student users can book sessions. Once your organization’s availability is set, all new instructors that are added to your system will have their availability automatically set to what is outlined here.
Additional notes on availability: Each instructor has the ability to set their own availability. As the admin, you can also update availability per instructor from your Instructor users’ details page.
Each instructor can choose to have the same availability as outlined by the organization level settings or specify their own working hours as needed. If an instructor has their own availability outlined, that will take precedence over the operating hours outlined at the organization level.1. To set your overall teaching hours, click “Add Available Times”
Here is an example of the form to outline your teaching hours.
2. From the main availability window, you can edit details of a single day or remove a timeslot using the pencil and paper icon or the trash can icon to the right of a particular day’s details.
As in the picture shown below, you have the ability to add multiple time slots for a single day.
3. To add multiple time slots, select the bubble to “Add to Existing Availability” at the top of the “Add available hours” pop-up.
4. To rewrite an existing time slot, select “Replace Existing Availability”
Click the blue “Save” button to solidify the changes to your availability.
Need more information? Check out the related articles below:
- User Management - Updating User Details
- For Admins- Archiving User Accounts
- How to use the Insights feature in the Admin Portal
- How to use the Links feature in the Admin Portal
- Admin Calendar Overview- How to View and Manage your Organization's Sessions