The Parent Dashboard is where you’ll find everything you need to manage and support your Student(s) tutoring experience.
Users: This article is for Parents
Prerequisites: You’ve activated your Parent account
- Account Login: Go to your organization’s unique URL to login to your account (ask your Administrator for the URL if you do not have it). TIP: It ends in “tutorwithpearl.com”
- Dashboard: Summary view where you can see and access all the tools you need to manage and support your Student’s tutoring experience.
- Calendar: View all of your Student(s) past sessions and upcoming sessions. You can also cancel sessions or request to reschedule upcoming sessions from the Calendar.
- Messages: All users can send and receive messages through the platform. Messages sent through the platform will also be sent to the users’ email to help ensure that they never miss a message.
- Sessions: Find a detailed list of your Student(s) past and upcoming sessions here. From this page, you can view scheduled sessions and review all past sessions including those that were completed, missed, or canceled. Click the play button icon under the “Actions” column header to review the details of a Session including the Post-Session Report.
- Portfolio: Upload files to your account. We support files up to 10MB in these formats: JPEG, PNG, SVG, and PDFs. Each user on the platform has their own user portfolio that cannot be viewed by other users except for Admin Users. Portfolio files can be used by Instructors and Students to stage files to share during a session in the built-in 1:1 Pearl Online Classroom. Users may also attach portfolio files to send to other users via platform messages.
- Notifications: Notifications are automated communications sent to users to confirm sessions and remind users about upcoming sessions. Users can view their notifications on the notifications page. You cannot edit or turn off notifications. You can stop text message notifications by replying ‘STOP’ to any text message notification.
- Booking: You may or may not have the ability as a Parent to request to Book an online or in-person session (the Organization Admins may or may not enable this. If you see “Booking” in the left navigation bar of your Dashboard, you have the ability to request to book a session for your Student(s).
- Instructors: You may or may not have the ability as a Parent to search for Instructors, review their details and request to book a session(s) with them. If you see “Instructors” in the left navigation bar of your Dashboard, you have the ability to search Instructors and request to book a session for your Student(s).
- Users: View a list of your Student(s) and related Parent(s) users. From this page, you can view a users’ details or add a note. You can also use this page to add more Student or Parent users.
- Payments: If you paid upfront for a Package and/or pay for sessions via Invoice, you will see a list of your Purchases & Invoices on this page. This page also displays the number of Credits you have related to any Packages you have purchased.
- Store: This is the tutoring organization’s Storefront. You can use this page to shop for and purchase session packages for your Student(s).
- Practice Classroom: Familiarize yourself with the built-in 1:1 Pearl Online Classroom. Practice using the tools in the Online Classroom so you’re confident and ready to help your Student(s) during their next session.
Need more information? Check out the following related articles: