Some organizations allow Students & Parents to request in-person & online tutoring sessions. If you have “Booking” as an option on your Dashboard, then you have the option to request a session.
Users: This article is for Students and Parents
Prerequisites: Parent or student account is activated
Your organization may allow students and parents to request to book sessions. If you have “Booking” as an option on your Dashboard, then you have the option to request a session that can be approved by the Instructor or an organization Admin. If you do not see “Booking” as an option on your Dashboard and think that you should, please contact the organization Admin to request assistance.
Step by step instructions:
1. From your Student or Parent Dashboard page, click “Booking” in the left navigation bar.
2. Complete out the Session Booking form.
Select a date, time, and session length.
3. Submit your session request by clicking the button “Request session booking”. Once you do this, the Instructor will receive a notification request and can confirm or decline the request.
IMPORTANT: Until the session is approved by the instructor, the session will not be confirmed and will show on your Calendar as “not confirmed”. After the instructor confirms/declines the request, you will be notified in the platform and email.
Form fields explained:
- Instructor. Select an Instructor. If you do not see any Instructors in the drop down menu or cannot find the Instructor you are looking for, please reach out to the organization Admin and request assistance.
- Session type. You have two options for session type: In-person or Online.
- Duration. Select the total length of time for the session.
- Date. Select the date for the session. The date field header additionally indicates the timezone for your user profile. To edit your user profile’s timezone go to Profile>Details and update your timezone.
- Available start times. Select a start time for this session. If the Instructor is in a different Timezone than the Student (and the Instructor’s user profile is correctly set for their Instructor user profile) each user will see the session start time listed in their unique Timezone so that they both arrive at the session at the correct time.
- Subject. Add a session subject title here.
- Description. Add a session description here.
Need more info? Check out the following related articles below: